You can’t get more Aussie than a lamington when it comes to baking – and with Australia Day coming up I thought I’d combine my love for cupcakes, with lamingtons and low carb baking…… to create a Low Carb Australia Day Lamington Cupcake!
Take these to your Australia day get together, and show your friends that cupcakes don’t have to be packed with sugar and gluten – they can be totally guilt free 🙂
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 Cupcakes
Ingredients for cupcakes
- 1 pack Low carb cupcake mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice ( we used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup (40g) Desiccated coconut + a little more for decorating
- 70g melted butter
- Australia Flag Tooth picks (can get from most discount stores)
- Find the Ingredients and the method for our Low Carb Chocolate Icing recipe here
- Sprinkle with remaining desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a cupcake tin with wrappers.
- Spray the wrappers with oil so they don’t stick!
- Combine all dry ingredients well in a large bowl. (remember to keep some coconut aside)
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, milk & butter.
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture.
- With a spoon gently stir/fold to combine.
- Using 2 tablespoons neatly portion mix into wrappers.
- Bake for 15-20 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely prior to frosting and decorating.
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY! ????????
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen
or post to my fb page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen