With no added sugar, this jam recipe is perfect for anyone Living Low Carb.
Jam no longer has to be off limits.
You can play around with different berries as well, but this blackberry chia jam is my favourite combo.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- 2 cup Fresh or Frozen Berries of choice
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Put all ingredients in either a microwave safe bowl
- Cook for 2- 5 minutes (microwave) Start with 2 minutes, may require a few more
- The mixture will bubble and thicken
- Let cool and, if you prefer smoother jam, you can blend with a hand mixer – or leave as is to enjoy the chunks of berries.
A PERFECT match with some Peanut butter on top of our low carb bread.
You can store this jam in an airtight container for up to a week – without the usual high sugar content and preservatives, it won’t last as long as store-bought jam.
Have you tried making this jam to go with or Low Carb Pikletes?
Absolutely divine and perfect on a slice of Low Carb Bread and a big cup of tea.
If you found this recipe useful head to –Anna’s Low Carb Kitchen and follow my facebook page so you can learn how to get fast results by reducing carbs.
I would also love to see photo’s of any of your creations!