There is just something about coconut and chocolate that just works. These Coconut Rough cookies take us back to the ‘Coconut Rough’ chocolates we had as a kid, but with a fraction of the sugar 🙂
This recipe only uses half a packet of the Cookie Base Mix, so you still have another half to create a completely new flavour.
Makes 10 Cookies
- 1/2 packet of our Low Carb Cookie Base Mix
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut (40g)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (30g)
- 100g chopped dark chocolate
- 1TB Natvia – sweeten to taste (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup milk – 65ml
- 1/3 cup melted butter – 70g
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees and line a flat baking tray
- In one bowl combine the dry ingredients (cookie mix, coconut, cocoa powder, chocolate, natvia)
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients (milk and melted butter) and add to the dry mix. Combine well.
- Roll the mix into 10 even balls and then press flay with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20mins or until golden brown and cool on rack.
- Cookies can be kept at room temperature for 2 days or stored in fridge for up to 5 days.
For more great Low Carb Recipes click here