Nothing beats a warm, creamy soup in Winter. How did I come up with this Low Carb Creamy Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup? I had never used Almond milk outside of baking, but I stumbled upon some ‘cooking hacks’ using Almond milk online and thought i’d give it a go. Seemed simple enough.
Cook Time: 25mins
- 500g of a mix of Cauliflower and Broccoli (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ Onion
- 1 TB Olive oil
- Used ¼ cube chicken stock in ½ cup water
- Parmesan cheese on top with leftover bread crusts as croutons (optional)
- Begin by sautéing a small amount of chopped onion in olive oil, add in the chopped cauliflower ( keep the broccoli aside for later)
- Add 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk and to the pot then simmer until the cauliflower is soft. (I added some Chilli flakes here)
- Blend the broth in a food processor until the lumps of cauliflower are gone. NOTE: You can adjust the creaminess by adding more almond milk if needed.
- Put mix back in the pot and stir in the 1/2 cup of chicken stock and add the chopped broccoli and simmer until broccoli soft. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Stir through the parmesan for extra creaminess (you can leave this out)
- Serve with Low Carb crouton and chives. ( add a hint of chilli)