Steak Diane is one of my favourite meals – a great steak, with Cauliflower Mash + Broccolini is perfection!
Any shop bought Diane sauce or sauce base will be very high in sugar so I have made up my own easy recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp No Added Sugar Tomato Ketchup
- 2/3 (160mL) cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the oil, onion, garlic and tomato.
- Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until everything has softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring the sauce to a boil
- Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Diane Sauce will last for 5 days in the fridge in a sealed jar.
As well as serving this with Steak, why not try it with Chicken and Veggies?
Actually I think I could eat a whole bowl of Cauliflower Mash with Diane Sauce and nothing else – thats how good it is!!
I’d love to see photo’s of your beautiful meals using this Diane Sauce – post them to my facebook page.
Perfect with a steak and any greens – Broccoli + Beans are my favourite.