These super tasty Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes were so easy to create. This recipe uses our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix, Low Carb icing Mix and food colouring. So Simple!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15-20mins (Rotating halfway for even baking)
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 70g melted butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare a cupcake tin with baking paper cases/ or use a silicon baking tray. Place dry mix into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the melted butter, eggs and milk.
- Combine the wet and dry mix well and spoon into the cupcake cases.
- Bake on the top shelf got 15-20 mins, rotating halfway.
- Remove from Oven and cool on cooling rack
- Once cooled completely, you can ice.
*We recommend chilling these in the fridge or freezer for at least 2 hours prior to icing.
- We used our standard vanilla frosting recipe directly from the packet of Low Carb Icing Mix and
- Apple for the pumpkin stalk
- Orange and green food colouring
- We separated ¼ of icing and added green dye, and added orange dye to the remaining icing.
- Using a spoon or knife, ice 12 cupcakes with orange icing.
- Chop small chunks of apple to make the pumpkin stems.
- Using a spoon to help, dip the apple into the green icing to coat. Add coated apple to tops of orange iced cupcakes using tweezers to hold it and push into the top of cupcake
HELPFUL TIP To fill your piping bag. – Using a tall glass, place icing bag into glass and fold top of bag around rim of glass. This will keep your piping bag upright and allow you to have two hand to easily fill with icing and save on some mess.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen