Increasing how much we move daily.
We’ve all been told that we need to MOVE MORE everyday, or we are telling others that THEY need to move more. The great thing about trying to increase activity in your daily routine is that it doesn’t need to be done in set reps or a certain intensity. You don’t need to block out an hour in your day for it, and it requires no fancy equipment.
Why do we need to move more?
To keep it short without going through all the benefits of exercise – Because we are built to move and it will keep us feeling our best, looking our best and living as long as we can.
If you are someone who isn’t keen on the gym, and would rather look for ways you can be and stay active in your day to day life, this 3 week blog series is for you.
** If you do like the gym, you still may find something useful here** 😀
How can we increase activity in our daily routine?
As we saw in Anna’s post a few weeks back, it’s pretty easy to include little inexpensive ways to increase activity in our everyday. For those that may have missed it or if we need a refresher, here are some ideas below:
- Housework: While not the most exciting way to keep moving, it has to be done. Not just your everyday cleaning, but the BIG jobs – Cleaning windows, Mopping, Vacuuming, Dusting. E.g Wall Squats while folding laundry anyone??
- Gardening – for those of us that have a garden. A full day of gardening – weeding, bending, lifting etc. What a great full body work!
- Park a little further away from the shop entrance.
- Carry less bags in from the car after shopping (haha, says no one! – we all load up with as many bags as possible – which is GREAT for resistance.
- Jump off the bus one stop earlier on your way home.
- Cleaning out the garage seems to involve bigger movements like lifting, moving heavier objects, sweeping etc.
- Help someone you know move house – If you have the time, offer to help them. It’s a great workout AND they will love you for it.
- You could schedule ‘walking-meetings’ outdoors with colleagues.
- A little extra “time” with your partner is always a fun way to be active 😉
- Use the stairs whenever there is an option too.
- Last but not least – Pop the music on nice and loud, and DANCE around the house. No doubt all of us at some stage have used the broom as an air guitar or the hairbrush as a mic to music when no one is home – add some moves and you have a pretty great workout. 😀
If I have missed anything that you do to increase activity day to day, please comment and share below.
Next week we will take a look at ways we can increase our daily activity which include the kids. 😀
Don’t forget to follow us on social media for the most up to date info, tips and tricks on Making Low Carb EASY!