This Lemon, Blueberry and Coconut Cake is bursting with summery flavours. Deliciously moist, and so simple to make.
- 1 packet of our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) of plain yogurt/ coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup (50g) of desiccated coconut
- 2TB sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1 large lemon (for Juice and rind)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of melted butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup blueberries.
- Preheat your oven to 170 deg.
- Line a 20cm round or 20 cm long loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine coconut, sweetener if you choose and vanilla cake mix in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, yoghurt, lemon juice & rind and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold to combine.
- Once combined, sprinkle on top the blueberries and fold through twice only (any more will leave you with a purple/grey coloured cake!
- Spoon batter into prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Once cooled – cake can be decorated with either a Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting (following directions on pack of Low Carb Icing Mix) OR our Yogurt Glaze Icing recipe
- Decorate with blueberries, lemon slices or coconut!
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen