Nothing beats a lemon cream cheese icing on top of a Carrot Cake… I don’t know about you, but I love a nice big dollop of icing, so every bite gets a hit. This icing recipe can be used with any cake, loaf or cupcake that calls for a citrusy boost.
- 75g (1/3 cup) Our Low Carb Icing Mix
- 250g cream cheese
- 70g butter (not margarine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Soften the cream cheese and butter. For refrigerated butter and cream cheese – heat cream cheese for 30 seconds in a microwave-safe bowl. Remove, add butter and heat for a further 30 seconds. For room temperature cream cheese and butter – heat together in a microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds.
- Place cream cheese, butter, icing mix and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer or beaters, beat on low until all combined.
- Once combined, beat on high for 5-8 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Ensure your icing is spread onto cooled cake, loaf or muffins. Icing will melt if the cake is not cooled completely.
- Unused icing can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Icing cannot be frozen.
- Iced cakes should be stored in the fridge, but served at room temperature.