Traditional Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing can be as high as 40g of carbs per slice.
We’ve come up with a LowER Carb Banana Cake using Our Cupcake Mix with a few little extra ingredients. Coming in at 8.2g carbs per piece.
Cook Time: 40-50 mins
Makes: 1 small round cake
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Cupcake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup or 250ml milk of choice (nutrition is based with unsweetened Almond milk)
- 70g Butter
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
Icing – we followed the steps on the packet, but used extra cream cheese.
- 250g cream cheese
- 3 tbsp butter (60g)
- 75g of our Low Carb Icing
- 2 teasp cinnamon
- 20ml or 1TB water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare round cake tin with baking paper – Spray lightly
- Melt butter in the microwave, allow to cool. Whisk together mashed banana eggs, milk and melted butter in small bowl
- Place dry mix and coconut in a larger bowl and pour the egg mix into the cupcake.
- Stir enough to combine well.
- Using a spoon pour the mix into the baking tin
- Bake for 35-40mins – rotating at half way
- Remove from Oven and cool on cooling rack
- Refrigerate before icing (the cake must be cool or the icing will melt)
- Place cream cheese and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 60 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon and Icing Mix
- Using electric beaters whip icing until light and fluffy.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen