Why wait for the weekend to have Pizza, when we have this quick and easy Low Carb Pizza to create. Using our Low Carb bread Mix and Lupin Flakes, we came up this super crispy base.
We feature our BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pizza for this recipe. But feel free to mix and match your favourite toppings.
Low Carb BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pizza
Cook Time: 20 minutes for base and another 15mins once topped
Serves: 4 (or 2 if you are really hungry)
Ingredients For the Base
- 50g Our Low Carb Bread Mix
- 20g Lupin Flakes
- 10g Flaxmeal or Psyllium Husk (whichever you have, both work fine)
- Pinch of salt and mixed herbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 TB of Olive oil
Ingredients for Toppings
- 200g BBQ Chicken chopped
- 40g bacon chopped
- 40g capsicum
- 2 TB Tomate paste
- 30g onion
- 2-3 small handfuls Pizza blend cheese (we used Coles brand) (approx 30g)
- Fountain Sugar free BBQ Sauce
Method for Base:
- Preheat oven for 180 degrees
- Line baking tray or Pizza Tray with Baking Paper and spray a little oil
- Mix the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the eggs, water and olive oil
- Mix together the wet ingredients with the dry mix, combine into a smooth liquid batter
- Pour onto tray and spread evenly to create the base thickness of your choice
- Bake for 20mins or until crispy.
- Toppings: Spread the tomato paste on the base, sprinkle some cheese, then top the pizza with the BBQ Chicken + Bacon, Capsicum and Onion. There are no rules, lay them how you like and then add MORE cheese and BBQ sauce!
- THEN BAKE for another 15-20mins ?
Tip: If you have time cook the bacon first, if not. Pop it on the top so it gets crispy.
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen
or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen