I took this low carb Carrot Cake into the office after I baked it and I couldn’t believe how fast it disappeared!
Everyone absolutely loved it.
Who would have EVER thought that a delicious, moist, Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting could be included in your Low Carb Life?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 150g Grated Carrot (1 Large)
- 100g Zucchini (finely chopped or grated) (1 medium)
- 50g Desiccated Coconut (1/2 cup)
- 4 Eggs
- 190mL milk of choice (3/4cup)
- 50g Lupin Flakes (1/3 cup)
- 150g Super Low Carb Pancake Mix (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 20g Olive/Coconut Oil
- 100g Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sweetener if desired
For the Icing
- 250g Cream Cheese
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Finely grated rind from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (75g) low carb icing mix
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a large round cake tin with grease proof paper.
- You can also use 2 smaller loaf tins if you prefer.
- Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
- Pour the cake mix into the tin.
- Bake for 60 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooking, mix the cream cheese, lemon juice, rind & sweetener together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Once the cake is cool, ice and decorate as you’d like.
A beautiful low carb treat for Saturday mornings. Or Monday afternoons. Or really even Friday Breakfast…