Low carb Cheesecake WITH a Biscuit Base 🙂
I’ve seen so many low carb cheesecake recipes, but they’re all pretty much just cream cheese & eggs – to me it’s just not a cheesecake without that buttery golden biscuit base.
Because the base is pretty much my favourite part, I put myself to work to create a low carb cheesecake WITH a biscuit base – and here it is for you!
PLEASE NOTE: In the name of convenience and speed – I didn’t fiddle around getting the biscuit base on the sides as well. Just put it all on the bottom – was SO much faster and result tasted and looked just as great.
If you do want to do the sides of the tin as well – please make double the biscuit base recipe.
Whilst I’m usually a fan of full fat products – in this one I did use a light cream cheese, as it has a lot in, to ensure it was more nutritionally balanced – but whatever your personal preference is is fine – they will bake the same.
Prep Time: 10 minutes base + 10 minutes filling
Cook Time: 20 minutes base + 1 hour for the cheesecake
Makes: 1 cheesecake ( Round 22cm springform tin)
Ingredients for biscuit base
- 1/2 cup (60g) low carb cookie mix OR low carb pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 80g melted butter
- Splash milk of choice if required
Ingredients for the filling
- 500g Cream Cheese (2 tubs)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice
- 250g fresh berries for serving
Method Biscuit Base
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare round 22cm springform tin.
- To prepare – spray with oil and line the sides only with baking paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Place butter in a small bowl in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Take out and whisk for 20 seconds to cool
- Add egg to butter and combine.
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture.
- With a spoon stir/fold until mix is all combined.
- Use a splash of milk if required to bind.
- Push mix into base of tin.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Let base cool whilst you prepare filling.
- Base can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks if you want to make in advance.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Cream cheese MUST be soft and at room temp – if not microwave for 30 seconds.
- Using electric beaters or a mix master, beat cream cheese until it breaks up.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well in between.
- Add Vanilla & Sweetener and mix well.
- Once your mix looks light and even – pour into your lined tin with biscuit base.
- Bake on 160 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cake will only be very light brown colour on top – this is perfect.
Enjoy your Low Carb Cheesecake – WITH a biscuit base.
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen
or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen