Who thought that french toast could be low carb?
This brunch is perfect after a sleep in on Saturday mornings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
French Toast Ingredients
- 4 Slices of Low Carb Bread
- 120g Ricotta (low fat)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 Egg Whites or 2 Whole Eggs
*Nutrition does not include toppings.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla essence and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Dip the slices of Low Carb Bread into the egg mixture, ensuring that you cover all the bread.
- Sit of 10 minutes to fully soak up all the mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, and spray lightly with oil.
- Place the Low Carb Bread (which is now very soggy) in the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side until they’re golden brown.
- Serve with your favourites – Fresh Berries, Sugar Free Maple, Greek Yoghurt, Coconut Yoghurt, Choc Hazelnut Spread… Anything you like!
Now you can enjoy French Toast without any guilt!