Usually we pride ourselves on using pantry favourites that everyone just has, however Anna couldn’t go past this beautiful recipe for Low Carb Lemon and Lavender Cupcakes.
These super pretty little cakes make a beautiful addition to your next tea party. The unique floral flavours will be sure to surprise and delight your guests.
Cook Time: 15-20mins
Makes: 12 Cupcakes
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Cupcake Mix
- 1 whole large lemon – 150g
- 1 teaspoons dried lavender – we love this one from T2 )
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 70g melted butter or coconut oil
Low Carb Glaze Style Icing:
- 75g icing mix – 1/3 cup
- 1 measuring Tablespoon milk – 20 mls
- Stir together add another teaspoon milk if it’s not at desired consistency.
- Drizzle on top of cupcake
- Decorate with more dried lavender
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare Cupcake tray with 12 wrapper – Spray the wrappers well (we used coconut oil spray)
- Place washed lemon in bowl with water and microwave 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully cut in half and place in blender, blitz a few times. Add in the 70g butter & 2 eggs. Add in the milk and blitz again until it’s a smooth paste.
- Pour cupcake mix into a large bowl. Make well in centre and pour in wet ingredients, sprinkle the lavender over the top.
- Fold gently until just combined.
- Portion info 12 patty cases, sprayed with oil and bake at 180deg for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool before icing.
SUPER EASY TIME SAVER:
If you like you can use the grated rind of the lemon and the lemon juice instead of boiling and blending the lemon!
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen