These Low Carb Monte Carlo Biscuits are a throw back to my childhood and the 80’s (which I know that these biscuits existed well before then) I have been wanting to create these for some time now, as these were one of my favourites as a kid.
This recipe only uses half a packet of Cookie Mix, so you can make another small batch of another flavour cookie. 👍
- 160g Low Carb Cookie mix (½ packet)
- 40g (2TB almond meal)
- 40g desiccated coconut
- Teaspoon sweetener of choice.
- 70g melted butter
- 125ml milk of choice
- One batch of Anna’s Low Carb Icing – Made as per packet found here
- Chia Jam – Using Raspberries as per recipe found here
I recommend making the Icing and the Jam first – saves a bit of time.
- Preheat oven at 160g degrees
- Combine dry mix into a bowl – Cookie mix, almond meal and coconut
- Combine the melted butter and milk, and add to the dry mixture.
- In between 2 sheets of baking paper roll out the cookie dough to approx 5mm thin and cut out your cookies and place on lined tray
- Bake for 12-15mins or until golden and allow to cool on rack
This mix made 28 small cookies, I used a small cookie cutter. Enough for 14 complete cookies.
NOTE:The fillings need to be chilled and the cookies cool before putting them together.
Assembling the cookies:
- Biscuit layer + a Spoon of icing mix spread even, with a little whole in the middle.
- Drop the chia jam in the centre (teasp) and squish the second biscuit on top. (pop a little extra icing on the top cookie to stick it down.
- Store in the fridge for 3-4 hrs or overnight. As the cookie sets it will become a firm cookie and the icing won’t squish out of the sides.
- Will last 4-5 days in the fridge.
NOTE: You will have Chia Jam and Icing Mix left over, store in the fridge for another baking project 🙂 or you could use reduced sugar jam from the supermarket for convenience. (will change the macro’s slightly)
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen