The Perfect ‘anytime’ scone. These Low Carb Savoury Scones would go well as a snack, teamed with a soup or salad for lunch or even as a breaky. The smokey paprika really adds a great punch of flavour.
Low Carb Savoury Ricotta Scones
Prep Time: Approx 10-15mins
Cook Time: 15-20mins or until golden
- 2 cups of our Low Carb Pancake Mix
- 1 teasp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter (100g approx)
- ½ cup diced spring onions
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Sprinkle of dried thyme
- Sprinkle of dried Rosemary
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (you can choose low fat if you like)1/2
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1-2 eggs for the egg wash.
- sea salt
- black pepper
- smoked paprika (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with baking paper and spray or use a silicone muffin tray and spray (I just do that in case)
- Mix together dry ingredients – Pancake mix, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Grate butter into the dry mixture and stir with a fork until the consistency of coarse meal. The butter needs to be chilled in order to grate it.
- Stir in spring onions, parsley and dried herbs. Add ricotta cheese, then add milk and stir until just combined well. It will seems a little sloppy, but you should still be able to roll it into little balls.
- Roll into balls (a little smaller than the muffin tray and just pop them in)
- Once in the tins, Brush tops with egg wash. Sprinkle tops with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until scones are golden brown. (my oven needed 30mins as its an older oven)
- Serve warm or cold, these are so good!
- Would be perfect for a ‘bring a plate’ function.
- Vegetarian friendly.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen