A perfect dessert for entertaining, this Low Carb Tropical Cheesecake brings the tastes of summer to any occasion.
Ingredients for the Base
- 80g (1/3 cup) Our Low Carb Cookie Mix
- 80g (1/3 cup) desiccated coconut OR almond meal (we used almond meal in the macros)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence OR 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 60g (1/4 cup) melted butter
Method for the Base.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and press into a round springform tin, lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 mins on 160 deg until golden brown – allow to cool.
Ingredients for the Cheesecake filling.
- 500g (2 packs cream cheese NOT spreadable) at room temp
- 2 sachets of sugar-free mango passionfruit jelly
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1/2 can of passionfruit pulp or 4 passionfruit – 85g (leave out for even lower carb option)
Method for the Cheesecake filling
- Make up the jelly as per instructions on the pack – we use the Aeroplane Jelly Jelly Lite – Low Sugar Jelly (Available from all supermarkets.)
- Let the jelly cool for 10 mins. In a separate bowl place the softened cream cheese and passionfruit – the slowly pour in your jelly, beating as you go.
- Continue beating until smooth and creamy.
Method for assembling the cheesecake.
- Pour mix on top of your cooled base, into the lined tin.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Decorate with additional passionfruit/coconut/berries to your liking.
This is the perfect dessert when hosting guests as apart from the base, no baking required, so it can be easily done in advance and plated up ready to go – not to mention it looks stunning!!