This is the basic recipe for Our Low Carb Vanilla Icing. We have also listed some flavour variations below, should you want to jazz things up on your cupcakes.
To make 1 batch of the Ultimate Low Carb Icing you’ll need:
- ½ tub cream cheese (125g)
- 2 tbsp butter (40g)
- 1 tsp water (10ml)
- level ⅓ cup Low Carb Icing Mix (75g)
IMPORTANT – Cupcakes MUST be cooled completely before icing otherwise your icing will melt.
Prepare – Place butter and cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
Mix – Place soft butter and cream cheese in a large bowl, then add the Low Carb Icing mix & water. Using electric mixer, beat until until light and fluffy.
Decorate – Icing can be piped or simply spread onto cooled cupcakes. Decorate as desired.
Storage – Unused Icing can be stored in the fridge (for up to 5 days) Icing can not be frozen. Iced cupcakes should be stored in the fridge but served at room temperature.
This Vanilla Icing Mix is beautiful as is, however you can also get creative with your own flavours. Our favourites are
- Strawberry – add 3 mashed strawberries instead of water
- Lemon – add finely grated rind of 1 lemon, and use lemon juice instead of water
- Orange – add finely grated rind of ½ an orange and use juice instead of water
- Coffee – add 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- Blueberry or Raspberry – simply defrost a few berries in the microwave – mush them up and then stir through your low carb icing
For more great Low Carb Baking Recipes click here