These Low carb Veggie and Bacon muffins are a great ‘anytime’ meal option.
As they work for all times of day.
I enjoy these for breakfast, as I prefer savoury vs sweet breakfast choices.
Low Carb Veggie and Bacon Muffins
Prep Time: Approx 20mins (grating and combining)
Cook Time: 30-40mins depending on oven
Makes: 12 Muffins
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 1 Leek
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 150g chopped bacon
- 2 x handfuls (60g) shredded cheese
- 4 full eggs + 4 egg whites.
- 20g parmesan (optional)
- 60g of the Lupin Flakes
- 60g of Low Carb Pancake Mix
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 160 deg.
- Spray a silicon muffin tray with a little oil
- Grate all the vegetables into a bowl.
- Add the Lupin and the Pancake Mix into the veggies and combine (use clean hands, its easier)
- Sprinkle in the shredded cheese
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs.
- Pour egg mix into the dry mix and gently stir to combine.
- Portion into the sprayed muffin tray (if using a standard muffin tin, line the tin with muffin wraps.
- Bake for 30-40mins. (depends on your oven)
- You can mix and match your favourite veggies e.g spinach, or sun dried tomatoes.
- Skip the bacon for a vegetarian option.
- Change the cheese to feta
- Get creative and ENJOY!
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen