After Anna posted the sale on Lindt Dark Chocolate I went to Coles and grabbed some for myself. Using 1/2 a packet of Out Low Carb Cookie Base Mix I made some Chocolate Nut Bars (Low Sugar). These are a perfect afternoon snack loaded with nuts and a little hint of chocolate.
This recipe only uses half the Cookie Base mix, leaving you with enough mix for a small batch of cookies or another round of nut bars!
- 1/2 packet of our Low Carb Cookie Base Mix
- 125ml milk of choice (we used unsweetened almond milk)
- 40g melted butter
- 120g of dry roasted mixed nuts (choose your faves)
- 50g chopped dark chocolate (we used 90% Lindt)
- 30g shredded or desiccated coconut.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and line a flat baking tray
- In one bowl combine the dry ingredients (cookie mix, coconut and 1/2 the chocolate and nut mix)
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients (milk and melted butter) and add to the dry mix. Combine well.
- Press and shape the cookie slab mix onto the baking tray
- Press the remaining nuts and chocolate mix into the slab about half way.
- Bake for 15-20mins and cool on rack.
- Makes 12 at approx 40g – Perfect snack size similar to Nut bars found in the supermarket
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Taste great straight from fridge or heated slightly in the microwave 🙂