Here is a recipe for beautiful Luscious Lemon Cupcakes. Cupcakes like these would be expensive to buy, but you can make these cupcakes at a fraction of the cost and time using our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake mix.
Cook Time: 15-20mins
Makes: 12 Cupcakes
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Cupcake Mix
- 1 whole large lemon – 150g
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 70g melted butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare Cupcake tray with 12 wrapper – Spray the wrappers well (we used coconut oil spray)
- Place washed lemon in bowl with water and microwave 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully cut in half and place in blender, blitz a few times. Add in the 70g butter & 2 eggs. Add in the milk and blitz again until it’s a smooth paste.
- Pour cupcake mix into a large bowl. Make well in centre and pour in wet ingredients. Fold gently until just combined.
- Portion info 12 patty cases, sprayed with oil and bake at 180deg for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to Cool before icing.
We used our standard vanilla frosting recipe directly from the packet of Low Carb Icing Mix and added some Lemon Zest.
SUPER EASY TIME SAVER:
If you like you can use the grated rind of the lemon and the lemon juice instead of boiling and blending the lemon!
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen