These super easy and delicious Monster Chocolate cupcakes will impress and scare while being low in sugar and carbs. Don’t be frightened this halloween by the sugar overload in yummy treats.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15-20mins (Rotating halfway for even baking)
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Chocolate Cupcake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 70g melted butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare a cupcake tin with baking paper cases/ or use a silicon baking tray. Place dry mix into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the melted butter, eggs and milk.
- Combine the wet and dry mix well and spoon into the cupcake cases.
- Bake on the top shelf got 15-20 mins, rotating halfway.
- Remove from Oven and cool on cooling rack
- Once cooled completely, you can ice.
*We recommend chilling these in the fridge or freezer for at least 2 hours prior to icing.
- We used our standard vanilla frosting recipe directly from the packet of Low Carb Icing Mix
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Food Colouring (we used purple but you could make any coloured monsters)
- We added purple food colouring and mixed it through.
- Fill into piping bag with star tip or alternatively place into large ziplock bag and cut corner. in star shape.
- Using small piping motions add crazy purple icing to 12 cupcakes
- Add mini marshmallow and chocolate chips as eyes. You can use a dot of icing as the “glue” to stick the choc chip on to the marshmallow. – we used tweezers to place them easily.
HELPFUL TIP To fill your piping bag. – Using a tall glass, place icing bag into glass and fold top of bag around rim of glass. This will keep your piping bag upright and allow you to have two hand to easily fill with icing and save on some mess.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen