Low Carb Chocolate, made from scratch….yes! its a thing (and it’s SO EASY)
This Peanut Butter Chocolate Bark recipe is exactly that. Homemade chocolate that has been tweaked for Peanut Butter lovers!
Serves 16 (but you can crack it in any size you like)
- 4 TB of our Low Carb Icing Mix
- 120g Cocoa Butter (100%)
- 110g smooth Peanut Butter (can use nut butter of choice)
- 120g cocoa powder
- Optional – pinch of salt.
- Optional – 2 TB of crushed Peanuts (as we made) you can also leave plain or choose another nut or shredded coconut)
We used Chefs Choice Coco Butter that we purchased from our local IGA, $9 for a 300g bag. We searched for this same product online and the cheapest we found was from Organics on a Budget, but it was still over $11 for the same thing! – Here’s that link so you can check out the product. Chefs Choice Organics Coco Butter
We recommend checking out your local Health Food Shop or Independent Supermarket first!
- Melt Cacao Butter in a microwave safe dish, until completely melted (2-3 mins, stirring at intervals)
- Remove from microwave, and add cocoa powder and mix through and whisk smooth.
- Add nut butter and a pinch of salt (optional), taste and add more sweetener if desired.
- Pour onto a lined flat tray. (Can also be spread on 2 trays for a thinner ‘bark’)
- Sprinkle with crushed nuts, toppings of choice or leave plain.
- Refrigerate until set. Enjoy!
This recipe can be changed to create different flavour variations.
Simply pick your Nut Butter base + Toppings = Personalised Chocolate
e.g Almond butter, with flaked almonds and no added sugar dried cranberries or blueberries.
Great as a personalised gift for Easter, or anytime you want to surprise a Low Carb Chocolate Lover!
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen