Updated start of June 2017 – No new Low Carb products found in Coles/ Woolies or Aldi’s at this time.
You really can’t beat a stir fry for a fast and easy dinner and using a Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce is one of my favourites.
Grab all the veggies you have in your fridge, some chicken, beef or Tofu and off you go! To keep your stir fry Low Carb always use mainly green veggies.
- MOST Teriyaki Sauces averaged 40-60g of carbs per 100ml and sugar was a main ingredient. I managed to find 2 that were lower, but you may be better off just adding Soy or Tamari and fresh flavours to jazz up your stir fries.
Our criteria – 15g Carbs or less per 100ml
Our Top Pick Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce!
Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
Natural brewed soy sauce, wine, sugar, water, salt, vinegar, spices, onion powder, garlic powder, preservative (sulphur dioxide from wine)
Carbs per 100ml: 14.2g
- I love the simplicity of this ingredient list. Yes it does have a little sugar in – but as far as your supermarket options, for pre-prepared Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauces go – this is definitely the best.
- It is slightly thinner than the other sauces, because it does not have the thickening agents in.
You can use Chia Seeds to thicken your sauces if you like – just 1 T sprinkled over your dish, left to simmer, should do the trick.
The great thing about this marinade as well, because it is a bit thinner it really soaks into the meat, tenderising it and adding a LOT of flavour.
- Even though its quite high in the carbs per 100ml, you don’t normally use 100ml in one go. Most of the Teriyaki sauces sat WAY higher at 40-60g pr 100ml.
- Per serve only 2.6g so absolutely nothing to worry about.
Celebrate Health Teriyaki Chicken Stir fry sauce
Water, Corn starch, Soy Sauce Powder, salt, Vinegar, Burnt Sugar, Vegetable Powders, Natural Flavours, yeast extract, Spice, Vegetable Gum, Food Acid, Stevia
Carbs per 100ml: 6.6g
- While its the lowest in carbs of the 2 mentioned, there is a whole bunch of ingredients.
- Its is Gluten, Dairy and Nut free – for great option for people that need products like this.
- I have not tried this one, so I am unable to comment on taste.
So there you have it – a little summary of some Teriyaki Stir Fry sauces available from your local supermarket that are lower carb than most.
Feel free to share this review with any friends that are interested in reducing carbs in their diets.
You may also like our review on Low Carb Noodle options.
For more Low carb Supermarket finds, click here