I came up with the recipe for my Almond and Coconut Cookies by fluke, to be honest. I was going to make our Anzac Biscuit recipe, but I didn’t have a few of the ingredients, so just switched a few of the ingredients with what I had in the pantry.
This is what is so awesome about our Cookie Mix and our recipes. You can switch up the inclusions or tweak and modify the recipes and create something of your own.
- 1/2 packet of Our Low Carb Cookie Base Mix
- 50g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 60g (1/3 cup) flaked almonds
- 40ml (2.5 TB) milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 egg
- 70g (1/3 cup) melted butter
- 40ml (2.5 TB) of Bickfords Salted caramel flavouring or you could use sweetener of choice or sugar free maple syrup.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Line a flat baking tray.
- In a bowl mix the cookie base, coconut and flaked almonds
- Bowl 2 combine the egg, milk, melted butter and caramel flavour together.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry. if your mix is too dry, add a touch more milk.
- Roll the mix between 2 pieces of baking paper to the desired thickness and cut out your cookies, or you may wish to roll into round cookies. Whichever you prefer is fine. 🙂
- Pop onto the lined tray and bake for 15-20mins until golden.
- Place on rack to cool.
Note: I wish I rolled them thinner, as I wanted a crunchy cookie.
👍These had an ‘oatmeal’ cookie texture which was crumbly and buttery 😁 (I also realised that I cannot be trusted with baked goods and got through them faster than expected) 😂 😬
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen