How good are biscotti! Our Almond and Pecan Biscotti recipe was inspired by my nonna and my recent holiday. I LOVE these and I used to love my nonna’s homemade ones. I would dunk them into coffee or just enjoy them as is. I have been wanting to try a low carb version for so long, and I’m so glad I did, only 1g of carbs each!!
Makes 40 biscotti
- 150g (1/2 packet) of our Low Carb Pancake Mix
- 150g almond meal
- 75g (1/3 cup) Our Low Carb icing Mix
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120 Butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 150g nuts of choice – I used half roasted unsalted almonds and pecans
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients into a large bowl (almond meal, icing mix, pancake mix, baking powder and nuts)
- Combine melted room temp butter, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoon vanilla together, then add the wet to the dry mix.
- Use your hands to knead the dough and shape into a long log shape.
- Pop rolled long into the oven for 30 mins or until browned on top and firm on inside but not fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely (as its almond meal based allowing to chill overnight to ensure a less crumbly slice)
- Once chilled, cut into biscotti shape. I got about 40 biscotti’s out of this quantity.
- Preheat oven 160 and rebake until golden (keep an eye out as oven temps do vary). I baked mine for 10mins, then flipped them over for another 6-8 mins.
- Allow to cool on rack
- Will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This is a great base biscotti recipe. You can add in your favourite flavours. I prefer them plain.
- 2TB Orange or lemon zest
- 1TB dried cranberries
- Drizzle sugar-free or dark chocolate on top
- Change the nuts
- Add ginger and spices
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here.
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen