These LowER Carb Banana Choc Muffins were inspired by this recipe by the Organised Housewife.
I wanted to make a LowER Carb version of Banana Choc Muffins and add walnuts. I knew these would be slightly higher in carbs due to the banana. When I popped the original recipe into the Food Standards AUSNZ per muffin it came to 42g of carbs 😱 My tweaked version with added walnuts came to just over 8g, so not bad 😀
- 1 packet of our Low Carb Chocolate Cupcake Mix
- 2 small/medium over-ripe bananas, mashed (200g)
- 100g chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk of choice (i used unsweetened almond milk)
- 70g butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a cupcake tray with 12 wrappers.
- Mash the bananas and set aside
- Empty cupcake mix and chopped walnuts into a bowl (save some to decorate)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter and mashed banana
- Pour this wet mix into the dry cupcake mix and gently fold until just combined.
- Spoon evenly into cupcake cases and add extra walnuts on top (optional)
- Bake for 15-20mins or until the skewer pulls out clean.
- Allow cooling outside tin.
- Serve warm or cold – my preference is warmed up! 😀
Storage: Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
For more great low carb recipes, click here.
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my Facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen