These Carrot Cake Cookie Bars are a healthy alternative to muesli bars and are great to bring in to work for an easy breakfast or mid-morning snack at your desk, or a healthy school snack. 🥕🥕🥕They are SUPER HEALTHY and brimming with nutrition and make life easy when you’re shooting out the door early in the morning, so you don’t need to think about breakfast.
Makes 8 bars
- 1/2 pack (160g) Our Low Carb Cookie Base Mix
- 1 grated carrot (100g)
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon, dried ground ginger and mixed spice (allspice or nutmeg works well too)
- 1/2 cup (50g) shredded coconut (or desiccated coconut)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (crushed or chopped)
- 1/3 cup mix of pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds (you could use just pumpkin seeds)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (70g) coconut oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice such as our Low Carb Icing Mix, Natvia or Queen Sugar-Free Maple (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C.
- Line a baking tin.
- In a bowl mix the cookie base, grated carrot, spices, coconut, seeds and walnuts.
- Melt the coconut oil and whisk in the eggs.
- Add in sweetener if you choose to use.
- Stir the wet mix into the dry mix.
- Transfer the mix into the tin and flatten out.
- Bake for 25 mins or until golden.
- Allow to cool and cut into bars.
Note: You could also roll these into cookies.
They’ll keep you pretty full throughout the morning and keep any cravings at bay so you can concentrate on your work instead of daydreaming about food (which I do regularly…!)
For more great low carb recipes, click here.
I’d love to see your photos – tag us @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen