These Cheesy Vegemite Rolls are a perfect brekkie on the go, or anytime you need a healthy snack. For lovers of Vegemite and Cheese.
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Sunflower and Linseed Bread Mix
- 1 1/4 cup of water (315ml)
- 20ml (1 TB) white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 heaped tablespoons of Vegemite (if you like a lot, add more)
- 1TB melted butter
- 200g shredded cheddar cheese
NOTE: You could use cubed tasty cheese, which will give you pockets of gooey cheese or half shredded and half cubed.
- Line 2 muffin tins (12) with liners or use a silicone tray (we still recommend spraying the silicone tray to avoid sticking)
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180C.
- Empty contents of bread mix and cheese into large bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together water, eggs and vinegar, pour wet mix into the dry mix and gently fold until just combined.
- Mix the melted butter and Vegemite to help soften it, then using a butter knife swirl the Vegemite into the bread mix. (You can use as little or as much Vegemite as you wish)
- Spoon the mix into the muffin holders evenly (approx 1/4 cup each muffin) adding more Vegemite to the top and sprinkle with a little more cheese.
- Bake for 30 mins or until the skewer pulls out clean.
- Remove from tray to cooling rack.
Serving suggestion: Cut in half, and heat in the microwave and add a little butter 😋
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen