This Low Carb Cinnamon and Walnut Cake was inspired by one of the many cakes I see in the window of the cafe that I live above (Not sure if that is a perk or not) Best served warm with a dollop of cream (could also use coconut cream or yoghurt)
Serves 10 (could also be made as cupcakes and serve 12)
- 1 Packet of our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk of choice) or 250g plain yoghurt
- 70g butter
NOTE: if you use yoghurt the carbs go up to 6.8g per piece.
- 100g chopped walnuts
- 2 TB Cinnamon
- 3 TB (50g approx) Our Low Carb icing Mix.
- Place chopped walnuts, icing mix and cinnamon in a bowl, combine well and set aside.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Make Mix as per packet.
- Spoon half the mix into a cake tin (choose any shape you like)
- Sprinkle 1/2 the topping mix onto the cake batter
- Add remaining cake mix and top with the remaining Icing, walnut and cinnamon mix.
- Bake for 15-20mins (test with a skewer, if it pulls out clean, remove from oven)
- Allow cooling on rack.
- SERVE – Warm with Cream 😍
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here.
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen