Looking for a vegan-friendly, or dairy free icing for your baked treats? This Coconut cashew icing is perfect. It has a smooth nutty flavour that would compliment any cake, loaf or muffin. Yummy enough to eat off the spoon 😀
- 75g (1/3 cup) of Our Low Carb Icing Mix
- 1 cup (125g) raw cashews – soaked in water for at least 4 hours, drained and rinsed.
- 1 cup (125ml) coconut cream, chilled in the fridge
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1 TB coconut oil (solid)
- Pinch salt (optional)
- Using a food processor or high powered blender, blend the softened cashews on high speed to form a paste. Regularly scrape down sides if needed. The finer the paste the smoother your icing will be.
- Pour in the coconut cream and add the lemon juice, coconut oil and icing mix. Blend for 3-5 minutes on high until mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add your icing to your cooled cake or muffins and enjoy.
- Store frosting covered for up to one week in the refrigerator.
- Frosting will thicken when chilled.
- Time poor? You can soak cashews in hot water for 1 hour instead, but it won’t be as effective as soaking for hours may not result in the smoothest icing.
For more great Low carb recipes click here