These Coconut Rough Cupcakes are a SUPER chocolatey experience. Taking the old classic of Coconut Rough’s, and adding them to a chocolate cupcake. A must for Chocolate lovers! 😍
Coconut Rough topping
- 100g Sugar Free or Dark Chocolate (For this recipe we used Atkins Milk Chocolate Bars)
- 1/2 cup (50g) Shredded Coconut
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Chocolate Cupcake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) of milk of choice
- 1/3 cup (70g) of melted butter or coconut oil
- A batch of our Easy Low Carb Chocolate Icing recipe OR
- A batch of our Low Carb Chocolate Ganache icing
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the chocolate in microwave for 60 seconds.
- Remove & Stir with a fork to ensure smooth.
- Add in coconut and combine.
- On a lined tray, shape into 12 coconut rough rounds and refrigerate.
- Bake cupcakes according to method on pack.
- Remove from oven, transfer to cooling tray.
- Cool/chill for at least 2hours before icing.
- Ice with either of these 2 icings – Easy Chocolate Icing or Chocolate Ganache.
- Top each cupcake with a piece of coconut rough!
Storage and serving
- Keep refrigerated but serve at room temperature.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen