Don’t be frightened this halloween by the sugar overload in yummy treats. These super easy and delicious creepy spider cupcakes will impress and scare while being low in sugar and carbs.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15-20mins (Rotating halfway for even baking)
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Chocolate Cupcake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 70g melted butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare a cupcake tin with baking paper cases/ or use a silicon baking tray. Place dry mix into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the melted butter, eggs and milk.
- Combine the wet and dry mix well and spoon into the cupcake cases.
- Bake on the top shelf got 15-20 mins, rotating halfway.
- Remove from Oven and cool on cooling rack
- Once cooled completely, you can ice. *We recommend chilling these in the fridge or freezer for at least 2 hours prior to icing.
*We recommend chilling these in the fridge or freezer for at least 2 hours prior to icing.
- We used our standard vanilla frosting recipe directly from the packet of Low Carb Icing Mix ( 12 cupcakes)
- Dark Choc Chips
- Black food colouring
- Ice your cupcakes using a knife or a spoon, try to kep the icing flat across the cupcake.
- In the microwave, melt dark choc-chips. Add black food dye to chocolate and mix well (you can leave as a dark chocolate colour, without the black colouring if you like) Let the chocolate sit for 2 minutes to cool and thicken slightly.
- Fill piping bag with narrow tip with black chocolate or alternatively fill ziplock bag and cut corner.
- Pipe a black spiral on top of the cupcake.
- Using a toothpick, drag the icing from the centre of the circles outwards to create a spider web design
HELPFUL TIP To fill your piping bag. – Using a tall glass, place icing bag into glass and fold top of bag around rim of glass. This will keep your piping bag upright and allow you to have two hand to easily fill with icing and save on some mess.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen