Inspired by the ‘Ritter-Sport’ Honey Salt Almonds Bar. My aim was to make a dark chocolate and almond bar with under 5g of carbs per serve.
I tried the Ritter-Sport version a few weeks back and LOVED it 😍 However after seeing that per 100g was 51g carbs and per 25g serve was 13g, I wanted to try and recreate a lower carb version that I could enjoy and that was super easy to make (4 ingredients only)
Someone had given me a jar of vanilla bean honey a few months back and it’s been sitting my pantry, so this was a great time to use it.
- 1 block 100g 90% Lindt dark chocolate (Or Dark choc of choice)
- 100g roasted unsalted almonds
- 15g honey (microwaved for a few seconds to make into a liquid, it will drizzle easier)
- Small Pinch or 2 of sea salt flakes
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for a few minutes (make sure the bowl is microwave safe)
- Stir-through the almonds (watch your hands as the bowl will be hot)
- Spread onto a lined tray (line with baking paper)
- Drizzle with liquid honey and Sprinkle with salt
- Refrigerate for a few hours (until it sets)
Notes: Cut into any size you like, and switch the nuts to something else (if you aren’t a fan of almonds.
*4.3g per serve, that is a saving of 9g carbs.👍 👍
Perfect for an afternoon choccie fix with a black coffee.