How adorable are these Easter Baby Chickens? So Cute! These cupcakes were super simple to make, and are perfect Low Carb Easter treats.
You can choose out of using our Vanilla Cupcake mix or our Low Carb Chocolate Cupcake Mix. This recipe will work with both. We used Vanilla for this one.
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk of choice milk
- 70g melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (75g) Low Carb Icing Mix ( 12 cupcakes)
- 125g cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter (40g)
- 1tsp water (10ml)
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- Yellow food colouring
- 35g tube of Mini M&M’s (we need brown and orange ones)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare a cupcake tin with patty cake cases, spraying with oil to avoid stickign/ or use a silicon baking tray.
- Place dry mix into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the melted butter, eggs and milk.
- Combine the wet and dry mix well and spoon into the cupcake cases.
- Bake on the top shelf for 15-20 mins, rotating halfway.
- Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack.
- Once cooled completely, you can ice.
Method for icing
- Colour the coconut by popping the coconut into a ziplock bag, along with a few drops of yellow food colouring and shake. Keep adding a few drops until the desired yellow is achieved.
- Transfer coconut to a flat plate
- Prepare icing as per packet.
- Add the food colouring and mix until the icing becomes yellow.
- Spread icing on each cooled cupcake. (ensure the cupcakes have cooled, otherwise icing will melt)
- Dip each iced cupcake into the coconut coating the top and then pop 2 brown m&m’s for the eyes and 2 orange for the beak.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen