These super cute Chicken Nest Cupcakes are perfect for an Easter treat, and an easy one for kids to help decorate. Adding a little bit of fun to baking.
For Chicken Nests
- 100g Sugar Free or Dark Chocolate (For this recipe we used Atkins Milk Chocolate Bars)
- 1/2 cup (50g) Shredded Coconut
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Vanilla or Chocolate Cupcake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) of milk of choice
- 1/3 cup (70g) of melted butter or coconut oil
- A batch of Our Low Carb Icing – Coloured with green and yellow food colouring to make ‘garden green’
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the chocolate in microwave for 60 seconds.
- Remove & Stir with a fork to ensure smooth.
- Add in coconut and combine.
- On a lined tray, shape into 12 little nests and refrigerate.
- Bake cupcakes according to method on pack.
- Remove from oven, transfer to cooling tray.
- Cool/chill for at least 2hours before icing.
- Using a fork, apply the green icing and texture do it looks like ‘grass’
- Top each cupcake with a birds nest, and place the baby chicken on top
Storage and serving
- Keep refrigerated but serve at room temperature.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen