These Easter Egg Cookies were soooo easy! Iced with our Low Carb Icing, which makes them even yummier! You could flavour the icing, or keep it to the original vanilla flavour.
Note: Cookies can be pre-made a day or so in advance (store in fridge)
Fun idea for kids and adults: The Icing of the cookies would be a super fun activity to do with kids (or adults) – They can ice their own cookies
Makes 24 Cookies
- 160g Low Carb Cookie mix (½ packet)
- 40g (2TB almond meal)
- 40g desiccated coconut
- Teaspoon sweetener of choice.
- 70g melted butter
- 125ml milk of choice
- Egg shaped cookie cutter, or a round cutter that you can bend a little.
- 1 batch of our Low Carb Icing Mix – prepared as per pack
- Food colouring for icing in Easter Pastel colours
- Icing writing tubes.
- Preheat oven at 160ºC (320ªF) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine dry mix (Cookie mix, sweetener, almond meal and coconut) into a bowl.
- Combine the melted butter and milk, and add to the dry mixture.
- In between 2 sheets of baking paper roll out the cookie dough to approx 5mm thin and cut out your cookies, peel from baking paper and place on lined tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and allow to cool on rack.
- Allow to cool completely, then ice with a spoonful of icing and easter patterns.
Storage: Once iced, Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen