This super EASY Buttermilk Pancake and Blueberry stack only takes minutes to put together. Traditionally this would be a breakfast that was super high in sugar, however this is a LOwER Carb version, with only 13.4g carbs per serve.
We chose to use buttermilk in the recipe as it really lifts the batter and creates a fluffier pancake.Butter milk also has some great health benefits -high in potassium, vitamin B12 and aids digestions. Per 100ml it has 5.7g carbs, which split over 2 serves of pancakes is really not much at all.
- 60g Low Carb Pancake Mix (1/2 cup)
- 125ml cup Buttermilk (1/2 cup)
- 1 egg
- 50g frozen blueberries to make the Blueberry “coulis”
- 100g plain yogurt of choice (we used Chobani)
- Whisk together the 60g of mix, buttermilk and egg. Let it sit to thicken while you prepare the pan.
- Spray your pan with oil and heat until nearly smoking, then reduce heat to low. This will prevent the pan from sticking.
- Spoon the mixture into the Pan, and while the mix slowly sets, drop a few semi frozen blueberries into the mix. This stops the whole mix turning blue and they will hold their shape.
- Once the bubbles have appeared. Flip the Pancakes over for another 30-60 seconds.
- Repeat to complete the Pancake Batch.
- Top with yogurt and the Blueberry “coulis” and maybe a little sugar free maple syrup if desired. 😋
Method for Blueberry “coulis”
Microwave the blueberries for 2-3 minutes in bowl, then mash roughly with fork, drizzle on pancakes.