This Low Carb slice base recipe will give you a great base to create something unique. What we love about baked slices, is that you can pretty much go crazy with flavour combinations.
They are also perfect for the ‘bring a dessert’ occasion. You can create a layered slice, or bake in your additions.
Above nutrition is based on Almond meal. if you used desiccated coconut, the carbs per piece are 2.3g (not that much different)
- 1 packet of our of Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2/3rd cup desiccated coconut OR almond meal (whatever you have in the pantry)
- 125g melted/soft butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Can use a food processor and pop in all ingredients, or combine by hand in a bowl until well mixed.
- Press into a lined slice tray (mine was about 20cm by 30cm)
- Bake at 160 degrees for 20 mins.
- Take out, and allow to cool before topping.
- Finish your slice (or depending on slice recipe if it’s all baked together add your inclusions first!)
- Refrigerate for 2 hrs minimum before cutting into portions.
We’d love to see your creations. If you do use this recipe please share the images of your slices on our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen/ or Instagram @annaslowcarbkitchen