Easy Spring time Flower Icing to go with your Low Carb Cupcakes…(No piping required)
We had an office birthday last week so I whipped up this batch of spring themed cupcakes
I think they look pretty cool, and they were way easier than you’d think.
Ingredients for Icing
- Level ⅓ cup of our Low Carb Icing Mix (75g)
- ½ tub cream cheese (125g)
- 2 tbsp butter (40g)
- 1 tsp water (10ml)
- Green food colouring
- Bag of Sugar Free or Regular Marshmallows (Double D Brand make sugar free marshmallows)
- Yellow sprinkles
The Cupcakes we used were Our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix as per recipe on the pack. 😁
IMPORTANT – Cupcakes MUST be cooled completely before icing otherwise your icing will melt.
1. Place butter and cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
2. Place soft butter and cream cheese in a large bowl, then add the Low Carb Icing mix, water and few drops of green food colouring. Using electric mixer, beat until until light and fluffy.
3. To make the flower petals all you need is a bag of sugar free (or regular if you’re not phased) marshmallows. Using a pair of scissors you just need to slice each marshmallow into 3 “petals” simply slicing through it to create 3 squashed circles (this happens naturally when you use the scissors)
3. Spread the icing onto cooled cupcakes. Lay on the petals, using a toothpick to position if required.
4. Sprinkle yellow sprinkles in the middle.
5. Wiggle in a candle to the centre of each cupcake and you’re done.
Storage – Unused Icing can be stored in the fridge (for up to 5 days) Icing can not be frozen. Iced cupcakes should be stored in the fridge but served at room temperature.
For more great Low Carb Baking Recipes click here