A twist on an Easter treat. This Hot Cross Bun Loaf is the perfect loaf to share with friend and family over the Easter break.😍
A Beautiful dense “fruit loaf” style product – perfect sliced, warmed and served with butter for Easter brekkie or brunch!
- 1 bag Low Carb Bread Mix
- 1 cup dried fruit (Sultana’s, Currants, Prunes or your favourite mix) (150g)
- 2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Mixed Spice/Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Bi Carb
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut (140g)
- 1 3/4 cup Water (375ml)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Low Carb icing mix
- 1/3 cup dessicated coconut
- ½ cup of yogurt
- Preheat oven to 180 deg.
- Spray a silicone loaf tray with oil, or line a tray with baking paper and spray with oil.
- Combine bread mix, coconut, bicarb, sultanas, currants, cinnamon and mixed spice together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs & water.
- Pour egg mix into the dry mix and gently stir to combine.
- Spoon into the loaf tin.
- Using a knife mark loaf with a large X indent.
- Place in oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and tray, cool on a baking rack.
Method for Icing
- Stir together Yoghurt and icing mixture in small bowl until smooth. Ensure no lumps!
- Stir through coconut.
- Drizzle icing mixture in a X once the loaf has cooled.
This will last 5 days in fridge or 6 months in freezer (without icing). Bring to room temp or warm before eating.