Do you you find it hard to have a warm breakfast in Summer? Or prefer something you can take on the go? Why not make a Low Carb Smoothie.
Most store bought smoothies are high in carbs/ sugar, and if you are ordering straight from menu in most cases will include regular milk, honey, yogurt etc. I ordered a berry smoothie from a local cafe once, and was surprised when I saw them reach for the ice cream, so always ask if they have not listed the ingredients.
You can still follow the steps below when you are out and about, or if you are lucky enough, the place you go to may already have a low carb smoothie on offer.
❤️ If you are making your own, simply pick one option from each category below: (if servining one)
- (200ml) Water, Soy Milk, Unsweetened Almond Milk, Coconut milk, or Nut milk of choice (unsweetened)
Veggies or Fruit
- Handful or 2 of mixed greens of choice, 1 x small zucchini, 1 x cup berries (fresh or frozen) You can also leave out the fruit/ veggies (like I have in my smoothie below)
- 1 scoop Low Carb Flavoured/ Plain Protein Powder of choice, 1TB Nut butter, 1TB Nut meals, 1 TB Unsweetened plain yogurt (we recommend Chobani Plain or click here for our review on the Best Low Carb Greek yogurt) , 1TB Nuts or 1TB seeds
- Sweetener of choice, Sugar Free Maple, Vanilla extract, Flavour extracts (peppermint, hazelnut etc) Dark chocolate, Coffee, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut cream
- *optional. but recommended. 🙂
- Pop all into a blender or bullet and blitz!
Jo’s Favourite Combo – Serves 2
- 350 ml bottle of Inside Out Salted Caramel Almond milk
- Natural Flavoured Protein Powder (I use Paleo Pro as its dairy free, made with egg whites) but you can use any Protein Powder you like, as long as its low carb.
- 1Tb Sugar free Maple
- 1-2 TB Peanut Butter
- 2 shots of Coffee (60ml)
Or check out Anna’s Low Carb Strawberry thick shake Recipe here
You can find more Low Carb Smoothie recipes here. Be sure to share your favourite Low Carb Smoothie recipes below. ⬇️