This Lemon Yoghurt Cake is my simple take on the Italian Breakfast cake “Ciambella Allo Yogurt” was inspired by one of the many cakes I ate on my holiday.
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 90g melted butter
- 250 plain yoghurt
- Lemon zest of one large lemon or 2 small.
- Juice from the lemon (approx 80ml)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Pop dry mix into a bowl and the zest of the lemon
- In another bowl combine the whisked eggs, melted room temp butter yoghurt and lemon juice.
- Combine the wet and dry mix, and spoon into a lined tray of choice (round, square or cupcakes)
- Bake for 20-25 mins (check with a skewer at 20mins)
- Remove from tin and allow to cool on a rack.
- Dust with icing sugar. (optional)
The flavour seems to be extra lemony the next day (if you can hold off eating a bit hehe)
For more great Low Carb Recipes click here