Anzac Biscuits are an Aussie Classic and one of our favourites. We knew we had to come up with a Low Carb Anzac Biscuit recipe, and I think we nailed it.
Traditionally, these biscuits were baked by the wives and mothers during World War I and packed into food parcels to be shipped to the soldiers.
Makes 20 biscuits.
- 1/2 Bag of our Low Carb Cookie Mix
- 1/4 cup (20g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (120g) desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup (40g) sunflower seeds
- 2T (30ml) golden syrup
- 100g melted butter
- 1 egg
Option – If you do not want to use the rolled oats, you can leave them out and add extra sunflower seeds. The carbs per cookie will come down to 3.5g
- Preheat oven to 160g degrees.
- Combine dry mix into a bowl – Cookie Mix, rolled oats, coconut, sunflower seeds
- Combine the melted butter, golden syrup and egg into the dry mix
- Roll into small balls and place on the baking tray using back of a fork to flatten well (the flatter the cookie the more crunch)
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until golden and allow to cool on the rack.
For more great Low Carb Recipes, click here