Being slightly obsessed with all things TEA related, I thought I would have a go at making an Apple and Cinnamon tea cake.
Apple and Cinnamon Tea Cake’s are usually quite high in carbs and sugar, most recipes I came across were approx 25g carbs per piece and our recipe only 5.9g! 😃
I chose to use a Pink lady apple because their sweet and tart taste works well with baking, and I added walnuts for a bit of crunch.
Prep Time: 15mins
Cook Time: 20-25mins (Rotating halfway for even baking)
Makes: 12 squares.
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 70g melted butter
- 250ml milk of choice ( I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 small/ medium Pink Lady Apple (150g) diced.
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 50g (1/3 cup) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a small square cake tin and have the apple and walnuts chopped
- Pour Vanilla mix packet into a bowl
- In a separate bowl whisk together the melted butter, eggs and milk.
- Combine the wet and dry mix well.
- Pour the batter into the lined square tin.
- Sprinkle a layer of the apple, walnut and cinnamon on the top of the cake and push it in with the back of the spoon. Then pop the rest on top and press lightly and sprinkle a little more cinnamon.
- Bake for 20mins
- Allow cooling before slicing into squares. (It is super moist because of the apple) Refrigerate for 1-2 hrs.
Optional: Serve warm with cream or yogurt and your favourite tea.
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen
or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen