These Low Carb Granola Bars are low carb and have no added sugar for an easy and nutritious breakfast on-the-go. They’re also gluten free and made from all natural ingredients.
Granola bars normally can be so high in carbs and sugar – often as much as 50 or 60 grams of carbs with heaps of added sugar in just one bar! These low carb granola bars are packed with lots of great nutrition to get you started for your day, without the carbs and sugar overload.
*Nutrition does not include the chocolate drizzle.
Makes 10 large bars or 20 smaller snack-size bites
- 1 packet of our Low Carb Cookie Mix
- 70g (1/3 cup) melted butter or coconut oil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- About 1/2 of our Low Carb Granola
- A couple of squares of dark chocolate (optional)
- Make a batch of our Low Carb Granola, which can be done ahead of time. (The granola is great for breakfast and can be stored in a jar or container for an easy breakfast).
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Make the cookie mix by combining the contents of the Low Carb Cookie Mix packet, the melted butter or coconut oil, and the milk.
- Mix through the granola. I used about half the granola, but you can add in as much as you like.
- Press into the lined slice tray and put in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly, then slice into bars. I got 10 large bars but you can make these inso small snack bars if you like.
- Optional: Melt a couple of squares of dark chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop. I used Lindt 78% but you can use anything. With a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate on the bars.
Storage: Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here.
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my Facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen