After overhearing my neighbour talk about how she misses having a cookie or biscuit with her cup of tea since switching to Low Carb eating. I thought why not make her some Low carb Maple Macadamia cookies, and introduce myself.
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Makes 12 large Cookies
- 1 pack Low Carb Cookie Mix
- 70g Melted Butter
- 125 ml milk of choice
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup ( 60ml) sugar free maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and nuts
- In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients – (melted butter, maple syrup and milk), then pour into dry ingredients.
- Mix with a fork until all combined and a dough forms.
- Roll mix into balls and place on the tray, pressing down lightly with a fork or hand.
- Pro tip: wet the fork if it starts sticking to the cookies!
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the tops start to brown.
- Remove and place on a cooling rack.
These Cookies can be enjoyed for up to 10 days – keep refrigerated to ensure freshness
Cookies can be frozen for up to 6 months.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here