COFFEE + CHOCOLATE with our Low Carb Vanilla Cake Mix = Low Carb Mocha Cupcakes. 😍
All your favourite flavours together in one little indulgent dessert.
Note: You could use our Low Carb Chocolate Cake Mix, for an extra Chocolaty experience 😋
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15-20mins (Rotating halfway for even baking)
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix (You could also use our chocolate cupcake mix for a more chocolatey cupcake!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 70g melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoon instant coffee (20g) stir through the finished batter
- 1/2 cup choc chips (100g)
- We used our standard vanilla frosting recipe directly from the packet of Low Carb Icing Mix and swirled in some cocoa powder and dusted the cupcakes with more cocoa powder and added some coffee beans.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare a cupcake tin with baking paper cases/ or use a silicon baking tray. Place dry mix into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the melted butter, eggs and milk.
- Combine the wet and dry mix well.
- Stir through the instant coffee and choc chips, then portion into 12 oil sprayed patty cases.
- Bake on the top shelf got 15-20 mins, rotating halfway.
- Remove from Oven and cool on cooling rack
- Once cooled completely, you can ice.
- Ice with regular vanilla icing with cocoa swirled through the icing mixture.
We used our standard vanilla frosting recipe directly from the packet Low Carb Icing Mix
We then stirred through 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to achieve the mocha looking swirl.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen