My original plan was to create and sell this as a Low Carb Porridge Mix, however with so much other stuff going on, I think I’ve missed the boat for a winter launch and so decided to give you the recipe instead!!
This is the base recipe – feel free to swap out any of the nuts or seeds to your preference!
Ingredients – 1/3 cup each
- Flaxmeal OR ground chia flour (chia is by far my fave)
- Lupin flakes
- Sunflower seeds
- Almond meal
- Chia seeds
- Coconut flour
- Desiccated/shredded coconut
- Flaked almonds
Note: It does contain more ingredients than I’d usually promote in a recipe (as we are all about quick and easy) but because it was going to be a product (and I was going to do all the hard work for you!) it has some extra ingredients!! The great thing is that for you to make at home, you can really sub in whatever you have in the pantry (within reason haha).
To prepare porridge:
- Place a heaped 1/4 cup of combined mix (about 60g) in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add in 1/2 cup water or milk.
- Microwave for 2 minutes
- Let cool slightly to thicken
You can also make this on the stovetop. All you need to do is put the ingredients in a small saucepan and cook on low-medium heat for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
How to store the porridge mix:
- The dry mix is fine in the pantry for up to 6 months in airtight container or jar.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here.
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen